Monday, June 07, 2010

Telly selly time: Kaleidoscope British Independent Television Drama Guide 1955-2010

Having mentioned the Kaleidoscope event below, I've just realised that I omitted to mention the new electronic version of their epic multi-volume British Independent Television Drama Guide 1955-2010. The Music and Variety Guide is one of the most frequently-consulted books in my possession, but I've dithered over buying the paper version due to lack of funds or shelf space. However, at £29.99, the PDF was a no-brainer. Hopefully the PDF of the BBC guide will follow shortly.

4 comments:

yorkio said...

Just looking at the first page of the sample PDF is fascinating - I had no idea Ray Dunbobbin wrote any episodes of Corrie, for example, or that Jean Alexander appeared as "Landlady" in a short pre-Hilda stint on the show.

Louis Barfe said...

No, the Dunbobbin detail leapt out at me too. "What? Ralph from Brookie?", I shouted. Having the full 3000-odd pages as a searchable PDF was just too irresistible. TV drama's not even my main area of interest, but at £30, that level of detail and research is a bargain. Anyone with even a half-hearted interest in archive TV should order it.

Bricu said...

Happy Birthday!

Bricu said...

Have a speckled hen for me; I'm on the Guinness tonight for the footie.