Friday, August 22, 2008

Speeding along Lowestoft's busy London Road South on my bicycle earlier today, a teenager in a hooded top shouted something to me as I passed. I couldn't quite make out what he'd said, and assumed it had been something insulting. I was just about to slam on the anchors and give hoodie boy a piece of my mind about cheeking your elders when I realised that he'd merely said "Oi, your back wheel's following you". Perfectly innocent, not at all insulting, agreeably absurd but logical and clearly designed to make me think "What the f....oh, I see". Judge not...

1 comment:

Suzy Norman said...

Fear and loathing is a complete waste of time. Unless someone is physically throwing acid in your face or stabbing you repeatedly in the head, they're no different to you or anyone else.